Subscription / License Management
Your subscription is managed by the service you subscribed to, i. e. Paddle, App Store or Setapp. You may access your account from within the app or go to your service's account and manage the subscription there.
Open the application preferences and switch to the subscription tab. After clicking on Manage Subscription, you may
- Extend Subscription - You may add additional licenses to your subscription, so that it can be used on more then 2 devices.
- Cancel Subscription - The app can be used until the end of the subscribed period and will expire thereafter. Your data will remain available without subscription and the software can be used in "read only mode".
- Payment Information - You may adjust your credit card or PayPal details for the next payment.
Apple has summarized all details on the App Store subscription management in a support article.
Setapp answers any questions on the subscription management in the support section of their website.
The respective billing provider will issue an invoice after the subscription or purchase of the license have been processed. You can then print these out for your accounting department.
After collecting the payment, Paddle will send you an e-mail confirmation. This includes a link to your receipt. You can access it online and add your billing details.
MyCommerce will e-mail you the order confirmation and invoice, as well as the license file as soon as the order has been processed.
- As usual, the invoice from the App Store will be issued and sent directly from Apple.
The basis for the calculation of individual currencies is the price in EURO. Only the prices in US dollars (USD), pound sterling (GBP) and Swiss francs (CHF) were set by us. The currency, on the other hand, depends on the country selected.
The exchange rate is subject to fluctuations and is determined by our billing partner. It is out of our control.
To subscribe to the Merlin Project you can choose between credit card and PayPal. The data will be stored by our billing partner for the recurring annual payments.
For the purchase of a Merlin Server license you additionally have the option to pay by bank transfer.
When you subscribe to the App Store, Apple uses the deposited payment option.
Payment by purchase order is not possible.
You can activate up to 2 personal devices with one subscription. However, the software can only concurrently run on one single device at the same time.
Subscribe for Merlin Project or Merlin Project Express from within the application.
- Afterwards you may unlock the second device with your credentials (e-mail and password) via "Manage Existing Subscription"
No. You can use Merlin Project Go on two iOS devices at the same time. The app is designed for both devices and can be downloaded to all personal devices under the licensing terms of the iTunes App Store.
No, that is not possible. The subscriptions have different terms and access data, which cannot be combined. Each subscription requires a unique login and payment date.
In order to combine several current subscriptions into one to simplify administration and benefit from the volume discounts, we propose the following procedure:
Cancel all but one of your existing subscriptions. The subscriptions continue until the end of the individual term. You can use the remaining subscription to manage all subscriptions in the future.
At the end of the subscription period, you extend the remaining subscription by the number of seats required. The payment information stored for this subscription is used.
Now you have all your licenses in one subscription and can use Merlin Project's integrated license management.
- Pass on the license codes to the individual users to activate their team device.
While a coupon code reduces the subscription price, you unlock another device with a license code. A license code differs from a coupon code in that the number begins with an "S" (for serial).
You have received a license code from a colleague to activate Merlin Project on your Mac. This is how you do it:
- Download Merlin Project 5, unpack the archive and move the program to your Application directory.
- Start the software and click on "Subscribe Now".
- In the following subscription window, select "Activate Team Device".
- Enter your license code (S-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).
Clicking on "Activate Team Device" activates the subscription on this Mac.
You can reset your subscription password directly in Merlin Project 5.
Go to the subscription management in the Merlin Project settings and click on "Manage existing subscription...".
Enter your e-mail address and click on "Forgot password".
You will receive an e-mail to the e-mail address you entered (sender email@example.com). This will contain a "Change Password" link. Click on the link.
- You will be directed back to Merlin Project and enter your new password directly in the application.
In some cases (e.g. Gmail in a web browser) a link to an application will be filtered out and is not included in the email. Then you have the option of
open the e-mail in a desktop application (e.g. Apple Mail) and then proceed as described above.
- you use our web access. Here you can also manage your existing subscription and have a link to change your password sent to you as described above. However, this is a web link. You change your password on the web. Afterwards you will have to enter the newly assigned password in Merlin Project.
To cancel your subscription you need to contact the service you subscribed to the software, i. e. Paddle, App Store or Setapp. This can be done from within the application's preferences or you go to your service's account and cancel the subscription there.
After cancellation, your subscription will run until the end of the subscribed period and will expire thereafter. There will be no partial refund.
Your data will remain available without subscription and the software can be used in "read only mode".
The cancellation period for your Paddle subscription is 48 hours before the next billing date.