How Can I Find out What Has Changed in Individual Versions?
Read about all details regarding new features, changes and fixed issues for each product's versions in the release notes.
Here is a list of the most important, new features in each Merlin Project version:
- The dynamic help explains views, columns, fields and controls in 6 languages. Activate it via the new question mark icon in the main toolbar and then point to an object you want to learn more about.
- The inspector is now displayed in a larger font.
- The style of the timeline can now be changed. A different line thickness, a new style or even a different color is now easily possible.
- Creating a new column has got a new workflow.
- The phone icon in the resource inspector can now start calls for all devices connected to the computer. On the iPad, this works with an installed GSM card, of course.
- The file attachments inspector has been completely redesigned.
- There are two new commands in the API for AppleScript to get automated (e.g. via Hook) the URLs of documents and their contents.
- If you use projects with subprojects or resource pools on different devices, you must explicitly allow the first access to the associated files. With the current version, you can also select a parent folder to share its entire contents. You can manage the shares in the "Access to folders" tab of the general settings.
- Display the iPad's screen content on an external screen via AirPlay.
- In the Report View options, you can now set page size, orientation, and margins.
- Histograms for budget/cost balance fields are now using the "Time Phase Normal" and "Time Phase Critical" style conditions. By default, histogram bars now appear in red or green, depending on whether the budget was exceeded in the corresponding time phase.
- Merlin Project supports the upcoming macOS Ventura operating system.
Since version 8.1. all functions of the Mac version are also available on the iPad.
- In macOS 11 Big Sur, the main toolbar appears in a new design.
- Activities, assignments, resources and attachments can be commented by users. Comments and annotations are displayed in the last tab of the Inspector in the form of a conversation thread.
- In the edit menu there is a new item "Insert content ...". The user decides via a dialog which contents are to be inserted.
- Automatic publications with exports can be time-controlled.
- Merlin Project runs natively on Macs with Apple M1 chip.
- You can replace resources in a project with resources from a pool using drag and drop.
- Merlin Project supports the dark appearance Darkmode in all views (macOS 10.14).
- The accent colors of macOS 10.15 Catalina are supported.
- With the clear Start dialog users can create projects from templates and access the latest documents, help and manuals.
- The menu for switching the view type contains the available configurations as submenus.
- When copying to the clipboard, an XML representation of the selected objects is also created. Exported files can now be shared directly from the export dialog via email, messages, AirDrop, etc.
- The Inspector now also displays the subtitles of assignments and images can be inserted in the notes field.
- When entering duration and work values, the last duration unit used is saved as the default for the next blank line.
- The software is now available by subscription. For multi-user licenses, a central license management is activated via which licenses can be assigned, withdrawn, added and also canceled.
- The appearance of the application has been revised and modernized.
- A new Kanban view is now available.
- In the resource dialog of the main toolbar, in addition to dragging resources with the mouse, you can also assign them to the currently selected activities by clicking the checkboxes.
- All resources can now be managed via a resource pool. It allows centralized use and reconciliation of the same resources across multiple projects.
- Groupings allow to group the contents in the project according to different specifications.
- The new Stileditor style editor)** offers more possibilities to customize the project plan. The appearance of views and also the contents of Gantt labels are controlled in three basic ways (general, by rules and for selection).
- The "Status" task field supports the format settings: "Automatic", "Symbol and text", "Text", "Symbol", "Fill color".
- The "% Done" task field is now just called "Done" and also supports checkboxes as format.
- Redesign of the synchronization panel to better support document sharing via Merlin Server, iCloud Drive, Dropbox and SMB.
- Introduced patented synchronization between the Mac and iOS versions with Magic Sync.
- Split into private and public workspace for business games.
- Improved export module
Merlin Project 4 is no longer sold or developed. Download Merlin Project 4
- New interface with a clear, well thought-out design and fresh layout.
- Enhancement of Views - among others mind map
- Revised report module.
- Enhancements in search & filter and Earned Value Analysis
Merlin Project 3 is no longer sold or developed. Download Merlin Project 3