The problem is as old as there are projects. Someone sat down and made a perfect plan for the next weeks and months, the resources were used and optimized so that nobody has idle anymore and no overloads occur. Everyone is happy!Read more...
Yesterday Apple released the new operating system macOS Catalina for productive use.
As developers, we had the opportunity to optimize our project management software for the new operating system in advance. Starting with Merlin Project 5.1.13 we support the new operating system macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Update your Mac versions in Merlin Project for free with "Check for updates…".
- The version for the iPad and iPhone will be released after review in the App Store automatically.
I've known Marcus Raitner for several years. Personally I met him at several PM-Camps or visited him in Munich for a delicious dinner. I liked his German blog series 'Projektplanung 101' not only because of the beautiful Merlin Project screenshots. I appreciate Marcus as project manager, agile coach and from his stories as enthusiastic father.
After some back and forth the version 5.1.10 for the iPad and the iPhone is now also available in the AppStore – but in this case as version 5.1.11.
The reason for the delay was the beta version of iOS 13, which is unfortunately still very unstable at the moment. Since Apple has already offered this version to many users as public beta, we had to find a way to support both iOS versions, the stable old one and the buggy new one.
In this context we recommend once again: Do not use beta versions in a productive environment!
With the release, everyone on iPad can finally use the new features:
- Resources can now be created by dragging contacts from the Contacts app onto Merlin Project.
- File attachments can now be created by dragging files from the Files app or photos from the Photos app onto activities in Merlin Project.
Of course a few issues have been fixed as well:
- Date cells in net plan cards sometimes showed unreadable duplicate text.
- The height of Gantt bars can now be reduced down to 2 points.
- The content of some user-defined fields could not be edited.