Merlin Project: Legend in PDFs
What if you want to enable a legend in your PDF?
This is how to proceed:
Lets say you want to report on the progress of your project and decide to export as PDF the 'Work breakdown > Progress' view.
Prepare the legend
- Create a legend explaining the colouring of the bars, or even their meaning. You can use Merlin Project - for example as in this sample project - or any given drawing application.
- Save the legend as an image in any of the following formats: png, jpeg, tiff
Export as PDF and enable the legend
- Switch to the 'Work breakdown > Progress' in case you hadn't already done so.
- Call 'File > Export…'
- Select 'Image'
- Select 'custom' as a watermark
- Click onto the magnifying glass and upload the image which should be used as legend.
- Select an appropriate position. You can choose one among 9 possible ones.
- Select 'Manual' scaling and resize the legend as desired.
- Select 'Above content' for its Layer.
- Close the dialogue when you are done with the settings.
- Click onto 'Next'
- Choose where to save and enter an appropriate file name for the PDF.
Your view will be exported in a PDF file and the legend will be positioned accordingly.
Merlin Project allows you to use a watermark when printing or exporting in images. If you need to include a legend to the outcome, just prepare an image file and load it in the related watermark settings as required.