5 questions about project management
with Dave Prior
Before we leave the office for the weekend, we stop for a quick coffee talk with our project management colleagues to chat about their best practices. Well, not literally, but that's how we designed our interview series "5 questions about project management". To be fast, intense and refreshing like a good cup of coffee.
Today, we’ll talk with Dave Prior. He is an enterprise transformation consultant with more than 20 years of practical experience in project management. He offers trainings for individuals and teams aiming to implement agile project management methodologies.
Dave Prior is the former Chair of PMI’s IT & Telecom SIG and served on the steering committee for PMI’s Agile Community of Practice.
1. What is your favorite project management method?
Kanban and Scrum.
2. Do you use project management software for bigger projects? If so, which one?
I do not. But I mostly teach.
3. What is your favorite routine in a project?
The Daily Scrum.
4. What in your opinion is the most underestimated factor for project success?
Having a solid understanding of the product vision that is shared with the Developers.
5. What is your biggest time waster?
Sitting in airports, waiting for planes.