Obfuscate a Project before Sending It to Support
Merlin Project is intuitive and straight forward. Should you however have a question and cannot find the answer, neither in the documentation, nor in the FAQ section, you can always reach our Merlin support by email.
Eventually we will ask for a copy of your project file to support your request.
Should you anyhow prefer to obfuscate a Merlin Project document before sending it to
support for any checks, you may previously use the Merlin Obfuscator. It creates a copy of your file, in which activities, resources, attachments are renamed, financial data changed and media files removed ensuring thus the data anonymity of your project.
How to obfuscate Merlin Project documents?
- Please download und expand the Merlin Obfuscator from our website.
- Start the 'Merlin Obfuscator' app.
- Choose any Merlin documents you want to obfuscate.
- Choose a target folder location for the obfuscated copies.
- Enable all or some of the obfuscation options: obfuscate text, obfuscate financial values, remove media
Now you can compress the obfuscated copy and send it to us.
Note: You may open it in Merlin Project if you like to verify its anonymized content.