Merlin Project: Multi Sorting
You use Merlin Project to plan your projects? Then you already know how easy it is to sort your project by right-clicking a column header and the corresponding option.
What if you want to use multiple presets for one sort?
This is how to proceed:
Lets say you want to sort the 'Work breakdown > Entry' view of the demo document.
To focus on the outline, we hide the Gantt chart:
- Right-click in the free area of the Gantt.
- Click on 'Hide Gantt Chart'.
- Right-click the 'Given Work' column header.
- Select 'Sort Ascending'.
The document will be sorted accordingly.
- Now open the view options.
- Click '+' within the ,View Options' inspector.
A new sorting field is now added.
- Select 'Title' instead of '#' from the drop-down menu.
The document is now sorted by "Given Work" and additionally by the "Title".
Merlin Project allows you to sort a project plan by multiple columns.