Merlin Project: Use customized assignments multiple times
You use Merlin Project to plan your projects? Then you already know how to add resources and customize assignments.
Can you use customized assignments multiple times? Yes!
This is how it works.
- Create a new project
- Create two activities 'Activity 1' and 'Activity 2
- Create two resources 'R1' and 'R2
- Assign both resources to 'Activity 1'.
- Now select assignment 'R1'.
- Open the inspector 'Assignment: Finance > Cost'
- Enter a value for 'Base Costs'
- Repeat these steps for assignment 'R2'.
Use customized assignments multiple times
- Now select both assignments
- Use the menu to select 'Edit > Copy'.
- Select 'Activity 2'
- Select 'Edit > Paste' from the menu.
The inserted assignments include base costs as well.
Would you like to verify this?
- Select the pasted assignments of 'Activity 2' one after the other.
- Open the inspector 'Assignment: Finance > Cost' in each case.
You want to use these assignments on multiple activities?
To do this, select the corresponding activities one after the other and use 'Paste' again.
Merlin Project allows you to copy and reuse custom assignments.