Working with Styles, Upgrade the Construction Schedule Graphically
The colour representation of construction projects is an important component in the creation of construction schedules.
With Merlin Project, the styles feature give you various options for an individual appearance of your project plans.
For example, the styles help to color bars individually or automatically, so that individual trades or the different assignments in the project plan are marked appropriately.
- Click a secondary mouse button on a bar in the current view.
- Click the "Style and content" option in the context menu.
- Now click on "Bar" in the list.
The Inspector with the Style Editor appears. A bar is already selected.
There are three tabs for the style options to choose from:
- By rules
- For selection (active blue background)
The "General" tab sets styles for all bars in general.
The "By rules" tab sets the styles for bars according to previously defined rules.
The "For selection" tab individually sets the styles for the currently selected bars.
Tutorial: Coloring bars by assigned resources according to rules.
- Assign existing resources in your project to individual task bars.
- Open the style editor for bars and select the tab "By rules".
- Select "Edit" from the "Condition" drop-down menu.
- Add a style condition by clicking on the plus symbol.
- Name the new style condition, preferably the same as the name of the resource. In our example "Architect".
- Click on the magnifying glass icon and select the options for the condition.
- In the style editor, select a color for the new rule condition.
- Proceed with steps 3-7 for further resources.
The following video shows you how to
- Create a condition for the resource architect and electrician
- Format in Style > By Rules
- Share this setting with other projects in the view.