Farewell Facebook – Our Account Is Deleted
Privacy Is More Important to Us Than Likes
You may like or hate Facebook, but for decades it has been connecting people and making it easy to exchange information across borders.
Unfortunately, this medium is also being used more and more by groups that deliberately disseminate disinformation, manipulation, steal and misuse user data. Facebook itself also handles its customers' data negligently. Despite promises to the contrary, Facebook has not managed to guarantee data security.
- New York Times: As Facebook Raised a Privacy Wall, It Carved an Opening for Tech Giants - 18.12.2018
- The Guiardian: Facebook stored hundreds of millions of passwords unprotected - 21.3.2019
As Facebook and its subsidiary Instagram have repeatedly and again experienced massive data leaks, we are now closing our Facebook account. Privacy is more important to us than a few Likes! We can no longer be responsible for being part of a platform that exposes its customers to data espionage. We are not alone: #deletefacebook
Of course we will continue to share up-to-date information about Merlin Project and ProjectWizards. You can find them in our blog or you can subscribe to our newsletter. Also on LinkedIn and YouTube we will continue to be present.
How do I delete my Facebook account?
You want to permanently delete your Facebook account as well? This is how you proceed:
- Click on the arrow at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings.
- Click 'Your Facebook Information' in the left column.
- Click 'Delete Your Account and Information', then click 'Delete My Account'.
- Enter your password, click 'Continue' and then click 'Delete Account'.
The detailed instructions are also available in the Facebook help section.