How Can I Tell Which Version I Have Licensed?
Start your Merlin version and click on the About Merlin menu item. The window that opens will give you the product name, version number and - in the case of Merlin Project 5 - whether you have subscribed to the PW Store (Paddle) or the App Store (Apple).
You do not need a license file to activate the Merlin Project 5 subscription. You use the login you specified when you purchased your subscription. However, Merlin Project will create a license number in S-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format internally.
The license files of the previous versions differ in the file extensions:
- Merlin 1: .pwreg
- Merlin 2: .merlinLicense
- Merlin Project 3: .mprojectl
- Merlin Project 4: .mprojectl
- Merlin Server 2: .merlinServerLicense
- Merlin Server 4: .mserverl
- Merlin Server 5: .mserverl
Note: If you can’t see the file extensions, right-click the file name and then click “Get Info”.
During a license installation, the license file will be copied into a specific directory of your Mac. When looking for the actual file on your mac, this is the exact path depending on your Merlin version:
- Merlin 1: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Licenses
- Merlin 2: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Licenses
- Merlin Project 3: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin Project/Licenses
- Merlin Project 4: ~/Library/Containers/net.projectwizards.merlinproject/Data/Library/Application Support/net.projectwizards.merlinproject/Licenses
- Merlin Server 2: /Library/Application Support/Licenses
- Merlin Server 4: /Library/Application Support/net.projectwizards.MerlinServer/Shared/Licenses
- Merlin Server 5: /Library/Application Support/net.projectwizards.MerlinServer/Shared/Licenses