How can I tell which version I have licensed?
If using Merlin Project, just call 'Merlin Project > Preferences > Subscription'. You can check your information by clicking onto the button 'Manage Subscription…'.
If having license files and wonder to which version they belong…
These are the file extensions for the various versions:
- Merlin 1: .pwreg
- Merlin 2: .merlinLicense
- Merlin Project 3: .mprojectl
- Merlin Project 4: .mprojectl
- Merlin Server 2: .merlinServerLicense
- Merlin Server 4: .mserverl
Note: If you can’t see the file extensions, right-click the file name and then click “Get Info”.
During a license installation, the license file will be copied into a specific directory of your Mac. When looking for the actual file on your mac, this is the exact path depending on your Merlin version:
- Merlin 1 or 2: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin/Licenses
- Merlin Project 3: ~/Library/Application Support/Merlin Project/Licenses
- Merlin Project 4: ~/Library/Containers/net.projectwizards.merlinproject/Data/Library/Application Support/net.projectwizards.merlinproject/Licenses
- Merlin Server 2: /Library/Application Support/Licenses
- Merlin Server 4: /Library/Application Support/net.projectwizards.MerlinServer/Shared/Licenses